So far the map details page has only shown the bounding box of a request to give a hint regarding the requested rendering area.
Now the true polygon outline is shown if a request for a city has been submitted:
The fire hydrant overlay now also includes emergency access points (German: “Rettungspunkte”)
After re-importing the database I’ve now merged patches from Étienne Loks that add support for Mapnik v3.x to the OCitysMap rendering backend.
I’ve also improved the Fire hydrant overlay, and added support for using more than one overlay style.
I noticed that some failed rendering jobs lately, all of which failed due to language / locale settings I hand’t tested yet.
Some of the jobs simply failed as my list of installed locales was missing some of those that could be selected in the “Create map” form, these should now all be installed as needed.
I also wrapped the
setlocale() calls in a
try…catch block now, so that unsupported locales will just make the rendering code fall back to English instead of letting rendering fail with an exception stack trace.
There is a new ovlerlay style available in the MapOSMatic overlay selection now:
The Waymarked Trailsi Hiking style
It took a little longer than expected, but now migration to the new server is complete and it is humming along fine with a full planet database updated every 15 minutes.
The IO subsystem of the current server couldn’t really keep up with importing regular diffs and keeping the full planet database up to date.